How are the bass doing back home? Down here in Texas and was wanting to help some family out with the bite. The bluegill are spawning here and that's what the bass are feeding on plus the shad are running too. This site looks new and I hope it gets big!!!!

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:13 pm

This past spring was good but we have had alot of rain this summer. I fish Summersville Lake mainly but also like to wade the area rivers as well but the rain has made wading in the larger rivers difficult. Looking forward to the fall bite.

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 am

I hear ya there. I got to come home a couple years ago and was able to get back out to the rivers. I grew up wadding the New River. Love throwing helgramites and catching a bunch a smallies!!

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:13 pm

I love the New River. Before moving back to WV I lived in Radford Va. and could walk down to the New from the house. We caught lots smallmouth, rock bass, and an occasional largemouth. Flukes, spooks, grubs, and stick worms produced well. Night fishing with a short arm black spinnerbait was unreal during the summer.
I haven't fished the New much since moving to Summersville. I fish the Gauley and Elk rivers when I get a chance to do some wading. The New in WV is much harder to wade than it is in Va. I spend most of my time on Summersville Lake which is pretty much a flooded canyon, very deep and very clear water.

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:34 am

Bass fishing was great early this year and has been more that good for the most part it has been a little slow the last three weeks however it's starting to pick back up I'm starting to catch some hawgs.

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 pm

The bass fishing for me has been okay the last couple trips, The sunfish have been going crazy and eating everything they see...I caught loads of them the other day.

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 pm

WV Fish Finder

Social Links