Am new to the are and was wondering where are the best spots to fish for bass around the Charleston area?

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 am

Well it has been a while since this post, and it does look like you have logged on in a while. Here is you an answer anyway. If you looking for bass for sport fishing new river, stonewall jackson lake, o'brien lake, and woodrum lake are all within an hour of Charleston. If your looking for fish you can keep beech fork (2 hours) and elk fork (1 hour) are your main opinions. you have the rivers north of charleston up starting at gaulley bridge and up maybe safe and a few smaller lakes around. You may want to check the DNR trout stocking map. they list lakes that they do not stock but they can tell you something about them. Wish you luck!

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

This post is really old but Im still hoping the information is still correct. I recently moved to West Virginia and its been quite a while since I've fished. Im hoping to dust off my Hodgman H3 Stocking Foot Chest Waders and spend some time fishing next weekend. Thanks for the info from this article on my website

Posted Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:14 am

WV Fish Finder

Social Links